01 / nature of the project
The Lacroix Group (present in more than ten countries), wishing to establish itself in the North American market, gave us the mandate to design their new plants for the production of wood, cardboard and plastic packaging. The structural system chosen for the design of the building (factory and offices on two levels) is a system of steel beams and columns with steel girders.
02 / services provided
- Preparatory and pre-design analyses
- Design coordination meetings
- Development of structural designs
- Coordinated plans and specifications for bidding and construction
- Preparation of estimates
- Technical support during bidding
- Site supervision and services during construction
03 / particularities
- Long girder span (60′) in the storage area;
- Multiple overhead cranes up to 10 tons capacity;
- Structure planned for future expansion;
- Loading dock;
- Concrete base for silo supported by piles;
- Very tight schedule, Fast-Track project.
03 / complexity
Very tight schedule, Fast-Track project.
04 / solutions provided
- A creative team, an orderly and methodical work, a sustained communication with the various stakeholders and a rigorous follow-up of the construction site allowed us to deliver the project within the deadlines previously established in the original schedule while accumulating substantial savings for each step of the project.
- Use of REVIT software to model the designs.