01 / nature of the project
The Wellington 3 is an all-concrete residential project of 160 condominium units completed in 2018. This project is the continuation of the two previous phases, Murray Phases I and II, which contribute to the revitalization and effervescence of the Griffintown district in Montreal. Located at the corner of Wellington and Murray streets, this building offers a spectacular 360-degree view of downtown, the Peel Basin and the St. Lawrence River.
02 / services provided
- Preparatory and pre-conceptual analyses
- Design coordination meetings
- Development of structural designs
- Coordinated plans and specifications for bidding and construction
- Site supervision and services during construction
03 / special challenges
- Integration of the expansion with the existing building;
- Construction of the building on a site with a difference in elevation of more than one level between the front and rear facades;
- Construction in phases requiring rigorous planning.
04 / solutions provided
- Use of REVIT software to model the designs
- Analysis of Phase I structural plans to avoid possible conflicts with the capacity and positioning of existing foundations